We are a group who hosts meetings and events that bring together nonprofits in need of tech help/guidance and technical folks interested in volunteering their time to help nonprofits. We hold events monthly that provide technology education for nonprofits, and also offer nonprofits an opportunity to work with local technology and marketing specialists around strategy, troubleshooting, and additional education. Our goal is to create a space/platform where technical volunteers donate their time and knowledge to help nonprofits real-time with their technology needs, troubleshooting, questions and strategy.
Here are 5 key ways Non-Profits can benefit from attending Tech4Good events:
- Overall technology audit/health assessment, where local technology volunteers give you real-time feedback and suggestions on how to improve platforms like your website and tools you can use to help you with tasks, challenges, etc.!
- Fixing small issues, such as a broken piece of your website.
- Website additions/enhancements, such as integrating PayPal, social media or adding a webpage/content!
- Education. Want to learn how to do certain things, like add pictures to your website, run reports, organize your data better, better leverage social media, etc.? Bring your technology questions and get advice from local specialists!
- New website or website overhaul/redesign. About once a year, we plan a weekend event called a Web Development Day, where we build new websites OR do website re-designs for select non-profits. We choose non-profits who have attended multiple Tech4Good meetings! Talk to an Organizer to learn more.
Interested tech folks & nonprofits – To join Tampa Tech4Good:
- Join our MeetUp Group via https://www.meetup.com/Tech4Good-Tampa & and RSVP for the meetings you’d like to attend (you must RSVP via the MeetUp event!)
- Join our Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/tech4goodtampa/
- Follow us if you’re on Twitter at https://twitter.com/TampaTech4Good
TechSoup is a global organization that serves 501c3 nonprofits, offering them a product donation program, free courses and more! Visit www.techsoup.org.
The Nonprofit Leadership Center of Tampa Bay aims to educate, empower, and connect local nonprofits with their peers and partners. They offer training and additional skills development opportunities to the nonprofit community. Visit https://nlctb.org/.